Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Representation in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Paulding, Rockdale, and the rest of Georgia
Have you suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence? Are you worried about how you will take care of the resulting medical bills, lost income, or even lost earning capacity? You may be entitled to compensation, but you will need to act quickly.
At Reidy Law Firm, LLC, we are prepared to help you fight for justice and seek the compensation you deserve. Our hands-on Atlanta personal injury lawyer will work closely with you from start to finish and do everything possible to secure a favorable result. If you were injured in an auto accident, we will tenaciously represent you in and out of the courtroom.
We care about your well-being, and facilitating an optimal recovery is important to us. Let us worry about your case so you can focus on getting better.
Call (678) 883-1210 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today. Our firm offers after-hours appointments and flexible payment options.
Dennis is incredibly knowledgeable and hard working. He cares about his clients and always goes above and beyond to make sure their case is successfully completed.- Ashley
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Georgia
Under personal injury law, victims of negligence have the right to sue to recover damages. What is considered “negligence” will depend on the type of accident or incident.
Our Atlanta personal injury attorney can assist you with many types of cases, including those involving:
- Auto Accidents. All motorists owe a duty of care to other drivers on the road. This means they must make every effort to drive responsibly and obey traffic rules, including speed limits, stop signs, and stoplights. When a motorist’s failure to follow these rules results in a collision, they tend to be legally responsible for the victim’s injuries. A motorist may also be liable if they were driving while intoxicated.
Protecting Your Rights after an Accident in Georgia
In the minutes, hours, and days after an accident, there are certain actions you should make every effort to take – and some common mistakes you should avoid – to protect yourself and your right to compensation for injuries. Doing or saying the wrong thing could endanger your ability to recover damages.
After any type of accident in which you suffer injuries, you should:
- Get emergency medical treatment, if necessary. If you are seriously injured, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1 and request an ambulance.
- If you were in an auto accident, call the police. Persons involved in a crash are required to call law enforcement if any injuries occurred. The police will create an official incident report that will likely serve as a crucial piece of evidence.
- Collect contact information. Regardless of the type of accident, you will need the names, addresses, and phone numbers of each party involved. If you slipped and fell, for example, you should get the contact information of the property owner and whoever was in charge at the time of the accident. If you were in an auto accident, you will also need the other driver’s license and insurance information. Get contact information from any witnesses, as well.
- Avoid unnecessary conversations. Beyond checking to make sure everyone is okay and getting the information that you need, it is in your best interest to stay quiet whenever possible. When you do need to discuss the incident with the police or others, stick to the facts and avoid making any subjective assertions.
- Get a medical evaluation. If you have not already received medical care, see your doctor as soon as you can, even if you do not detect any major injuries. Depending on the nature of the accident, not all injuries will be abundantly obvious, and it is critical that you establish any problems are a direct result of the incident. Closely follow all treatment advice given to you by your doctor.
- Call Reidy Law Firm, LLC. Do not wait to seek legal counsel, as you should assume the person or entity responsible for your injuries will retain their own legal representation immediately. Do not talk to the negligent party, their legal representatives, or their insurance company until you have discussed your case with an attorney. We can help you avoid common errors, start building your case, and manage communications.
Recovering Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Georgia
In most cases, you only have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia. If you miss this deadline, you will typically be unable to take legal action and recover damages, so it is paramount that you act quickly. Should an accident result in death, a loved one of the deceased has an additional two years from the date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Many personal injury lawsuits never go to trial. We will attempt to negotiate a fair settlement in an effort to avoid the cost and stress of going to court. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to litigate.
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers will work to recover compensation for all economic and non-economic losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Reductions in earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Recovering the compensation that you deserve is our top priority. We will fiercely advocate for you in and out of the courtroom and work to favorably settle or win your case as efficiently as possible.
Not sure if you have a personal injury claim? Contact us online or call (678) 883-1210 to discuss your situation with us.
Why Clients Choose Us
Support from Start to FinishUnlike larger firms, we are able to give you personalized attention and service. Feel confident in a firm that cares about getting the best outcome for you.
Flexible OptionsWe understand that you are going through a difficult time. Flexible payment options and appointments are available for your convenience.
Experience Where it Counts
Knowing you have an experienced attorney allows you to focus on other things, confident that we will see to the details.
Free, No Obligation ConsultationFind out how we can help you with a free consultation. We are available 24/7: (678) 883-1210
Take Your First Step
Get Started With A Free Consultation: (678) 883-1210